Call for Papers
The RAC 2020 Executive Committee is pleased to announce the Call for Individual Papers for the Fourteenth Roman Archaeology Conference in Split, which will run from Thursday 16th to Saturday 18th April 2020, with excursions on Wednesday 15th and Sunday 19th April.
The Conference will address a range of important topics and themes relating to the archaeology of the Roman world. We are inviting proposals for Papers that will present new discoveries or ideas in the field of Roman archaeology through 40 themed conference sessions.
Paper proposals that extend beyond these thematic areas will also be considered. For more information about the RAC 2020 themed sessions, the organisers, their contacts details, and the abstracts, download the list: RAC 2020 Call for Papers and Session summaries.
Paper proposers should note the following:
- Presentations should last no longer than 30 minutes
- Speakers should leave sufficient time at the end of their papers for questions from the audience
- The official conference languages are English, French, German, Spanish and Italian
- Unfortunately, RAC cannot cover the costs of speakers’ travel and accommodation to attend the Conference.
- This is a participative conference where more than half the delegates are speaking, so all delegates are expected to pay the conference fee. This helps keep the fees as low as possible and also maximises participation and engagement
Proposals for papers must include the following information:
- Title of the Paper
- Name, affiliation, postal address and email of the proposer(s)
- Title of the themed session in which they would like to offer a Paper (or ‘General’ if outside a themed session)
- A short description of the theme or subject area of the Paper (not more than 200 words)
Session organisers should also note the following:
- They will need to instruct the speakers included in their original submission to send in their Paper proposals and abstract
- Additional Papers are likely to be offered for all sessions. The final list of speakers at the Conference will be decided by session organisers, with advice from the Executive Committee
- RAC cannot cover the costs of speakers’ travel and accommodation to attend the Conference
The deadline for the submission of Paper proposals is 15th November 2019.
Submissions should be sent by email to the RAC Executive Committee: email@example.com
AND to the lead organiser of the session the Paper is intended for.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RAC 2020 IS ALREADY VERY FULL, SO WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL PAPER PROPOSALS WILL BE ACCEPTED
NB: The TRAC Call for Papers is also now open and available here: http://trac.org.uk/
The full Conference schedule will be announced in December 2019 when registration will open.