The Roman Society is very pleased to announce that, thanks to the generous support of the Roman Research Trust, a total of £4000 (£2000 from each organisation) will be available to support delegates attending RAC / TRAC at the University of Edinburgh.
This will be available for bursaries of up to £200 each.
- The RRT funds are for applicants whose attendance will benefit their research / understanding of Roman Britain. Preference will be given to applicants working in the public sector whose employing institutions have stated they will not support attendance at the conferences. The RRT is also keen to support applicants who can demonstrate that attendance at RAC will be beneficial to their career development.
- The Roman Society funds are open to all.
- For both funds delegates need not be presenting a paper, and bursaries are not restricted to applicants from the UK.
- Only applications to compensate the conference fee as well as any reasonable travel and accommodation costs will be considered.
- Bursaries will be paid to successful applicants in the UK by cheque, and to overseas applicants by bank transfer (details on the form).
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 12 January 2018. Applicants will be notified by 31 January.
Please download an application form RAC TRAC Bursary application form 2018.